It’s Wednesday! Of course, this being summer vacation, that really doesn’t mean anything. Each day is like the one before it and will probably be like the one after it. Only difference is this day starts with a W and ends with a glass of wine.
Odds and Ends this week are a handful of things that have caught my eye while I’ve been flipping through the Internet under the pretense of doing work. Some work has been done, truly. I’ve been putting some things together to give my website a little face-lift. I’m working kicking up more content. And, finding gems like ones below is work. . .the more I tell myself that, the truer it is, right? Here’s what has me looking like a heart-eyed emoji:
1. I stumbled across this company while scrolling through Instagram. This mug needs to come to my house because truer words were never spoken.
2. Speaking of things I saw on Instagram that I have now deemed necessary to make my life complete, this shirt for the win. I read this list and hear “These are a few of my favorite things . . .” playing in the background.
3. So, I have to do 20 minutes of deep knee bends, five times a day. That’s 100 minutes of deep knee bends. What’s a girl to do to pass the time? I’m a big binge watcher and I desperately needed something to fill the queue. Outlander wrapped, Game of Thrones is all but done, House of Cards is but a fond memory, and Orange is the New Black won’t come on for a few days, still. Lucky me, I’ve found Black Sails. Arrrrgh, I love this show; I may even pick up Treasure Island once I’m all caught up.
4. New favorite kitchen gadget: the herb stripper. While I enjoy cooking with fresh herbs for the flavor that they provide, pulling the delicate leaves off of the stems was tedious. I’m too impatient. I either under-seasoned a dish because I grew bored of pulling off leaves, or over seasoned a dish because I was too lazy to pull the leaves off and just chopped up the bundle, leaves, stems, and all. No. . .not really, but it was super tempting to do. Now with this ingenious tool, I’m threading everything through the holes and separating leaves from stalk lickety split. Fresh salsa, anyone?
5. Sadly, my vacation plans went swirling down the drain when the doc said I’d be sporting this boot for the next three months. Still, that hasn’t stopped me from imaging what it would be like to be laid up on a white beach with turquoise water lapping at my toes. I see myself buff and bronze, sweating umbrella drink and hand, sporting this super cute bathing suit. Yes, I can definitely see myself in this.