We’ve had a deluge of rain the past few days, which means, we’ve been keeping it close to home. Keeping it close to home means I’ve been wearing my “cruise director” hat in addition to chef, chauffeur, and concierge. By the time little heads hit the pillow, it’s all I can do to keep my own eyes open for a little quality time with me, myself, and I. Of course, rather than be productive, I curl up to the lava like heat of my laptop and surf until I am deliriously in need of sleep.
Here are a few odds and ends I’ve discovered:
all photos are collected from the internet and belong to their respective owners.
- This Fish Farm is such a great idea. I’ve been wanting to have an herb garden for a while, but I’m such a brown thumb, most plants shrivel up and die before I even get them in the ground. I think with this Fish Farm, it’s like two birds with one stone: an indoor herb garden that is self contained and a fish tank that I don’t have to clean. I get herbs, the kids kind of get a pet, and no one has to clean up? #winning.
- I went into World Market looking for a Thirty-One-esque tote bag and ended up coming out with an industrial sized box of Palmiers, Pinot Girgio infused salami, a lemon juicer and this amazing linen spray. My sheets may be as old as my marriage (14 years in about two weeks!), but at least they smell fancy.
- You know I’m a list maker. I love lists. I love creating them. I love crossing stuff off of them. I saw this organizational notepad and swooned so hard, I pulled a muscle. Right now, I’m tracking all of my 21 Day Fix stuff on the backs of envelopes, receipts, end of year school notices and the palm of my hand. This little gem is just what I need.
- The Hubs and I have a black tie event to attend in about two weeks and I am scrambling to find something to wear. Yes, I’ll still be in the boot. Nope, I’m not going to do a Clair Huxtable and bedazzle it up. I’m looking for something long to cover it. Extremely glad Rent the Runway has so many great options from which to choose. Now, if I can just find a 1 inch heel red bottom. . .
- I’m always looking for something to read. I stumbled upon some book suggestions from Rachel Hollis over at The Chic Site (great site, by the way. go check it out). On her list, the paranormal romance series entitled The Guild Hunter Series . An eighteen book (!) series, it takes place in a world where angels and vampires live among us. The angels are are in control, the vampires are their minions, and the Guild works to keep things in balance. A burgeoning romance between a Guild Hunter and an Archangel forms as they work together to wrangle an angel gone mad. I inhaled this book; it’s one of those guilty pleasure type of reads, like eating a sleeve of Thin Mints. No nutritional value, but so good.
Has anything here piqued your interest? Tell me about it in the comments!