Back to the grind.
I’m two weeks post-op. My one job is to rest. I’m doing my best to be patient while things percolate under the bandages, but I’d be lying if I said I haven’t tried to still be SuperMom. For the past two weeks, I’ve been delegating tasks, coordinating schedules, and running my little empire from the prime real estate that is the sofa. There have been quite a few times when I’ve had to pull an Elsa and just let stuff go. Like when I came downstairs for the first time after a week of bed rest and found the entire first floor looking like the bottom of a backpack on the last day of school.
I am, however, trying to keep things in perspective. These past two weeks, as well as the next however many it will take to get back to business, are just a paragraph in this particular chapter of my life.
That’s kind of deep. It’s also one thing to say and quite another thing to believe it. I’m working on it, though. I remind myself to breathe. I remind myself to patient. I remind myself to be a little kinder to myself than I was yesterday. I make plans. I pin things to my boards. I organize. I re-post things on tumblr. I make lists. I read blogs. I read books. I make more lists. I take selfies.
I’m outlining the next chapter.
- I’m so ready for summer clothes, but I need to figure sort out what I’ve got from last season. I stumbled upon this website and now have a plan.
- This would be great in my room, once I’ve completed my wardrobe capsule.
- Spending an inordinate amount of time on IG has introduced me to a number of cool bloggers, motivational words, new hairstyle ideas, and lots of pictures of cupcakes.
- Mmm, cupcakes.
- And lemonade filled mason jars with a little whimsy poking out of the top.
- And of course, something to read.