So, I’m still working on this blog thing. The whole SAHM thing is really time consuming.
Here are 6 weird things/habits about me — little blog bites!
1. I never say “I love you” to my brother unless we are being sarcastic. I know it’s weird, but it’s something we just don’t do. I think it’s understood that we love eachother, that we’d take a bullet for one another. We just don’t verbalize it.
2. I’m getting tired of people mistaking me for being younger than I am. I mean, it was cool at first, but a while back, I went out with Craig to a bar and asked for a non-alcoholic beer. The waitress was like, “Oh, you’re not old enough to drink?” and I was like, “Oh, I’m plenty old enough, I’m just pregnant.”
3. Being a mom is the hardest thing I’ve ever done and I’ve been through some shit.
4. I am my own worst critic, hands down. Guess that’s the Virgo in me.
5. I love my parents and the fact that they have been the best role model on how a strong marriage should be.
6. I have only one regret in life. It involves taking a voluntary withdraw from Bio 101 back in college. I would blame the professor for being a fuckin’ jackass, but I accept the responsibility. The thing is. . .who knows, had I stayed in that class, I might be an OB today.
So, on that note, here’s a quote to think on. . .
“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.”.
— Thomas Huxley
I definitely think I have the first part of this quote down. That’s the story of my life, knowing just enough about everything to be able to impress and wow at dinner parties or kick ass in Jeopardy or even play “Random Fact of the Day” with folks. Still in all, I would really like to be more well versed on something. I just have to figure out what that something is.